Join the Sprott Gold Roundtable webcast with Eric Sprott and Rick Rule to learn their views on the recent upturn in gold and gold stocks.
By Tekoa Da Silva http://bullmarketthinking.com/
Cambridge House International is pleased to announce the attendance of some of the biggest names in the resource world, at the 2013 Vancouver Resource Investment Conference (VRIC). VRIC is the world’s largest investor-focused resource conference, held in the resource exploration capital of the world, Vancouver, Canada.
Among this year’s speakers will be the candid Peter Schiff of Euro Pacific Capital, Rick Rule of Sprott Global Resource Investments Ltd., John Embry of Sprott Asset Management, Glenn Ives of Deloitte, and Ian Thompson, of On Common Ground Consultants Inc.
Issues discussed by the experts will include the macroeconomic backdrop facing today’s resource industry, new trends in investment, social and environmental due diligence, and top picks from among the over 3,000 Canadian exploration stocks looking for resources globally.
Additionally, a presentation that may mark history will be that of Planetary Resources’, Chris Lewicki. Planetary Resources is determined to explore the outer space for what they expect to be trillions of dollars’ worth of natural resources and platinum group metals. So far they’ve attracted the support of numerous billionaires, and the company is co-chaired and co-founded by the X PRIZE Foundation’s (of which McEwen Mining is a proud member) Peter H. Diamandis.
This should prove to be a historic event, one which cannot be missed.
To register for VRIC 2013 online now, visit: VRIC Registration Page.
By registering your attendance online now, you will save a $20.00 entrance fee charged at the door.
The show will be from January 20-21, 2013, at Vancouver Convention Centre West. Media coverage will be broadcast from the center of the tradeshow floor, flanked by over 500 company booths, 2 speaker halls, 6 workshop rooms and an expected attendance of over 12,000 nationals and international resource investors and resource sector representatives.
We hope to see you there!
“With near panic in the gold and silver markets, today King World News interviewed John Embry, Chief Investment Strategist of the $10 billion strong Sprott Asset Management to get his take on where he sees gold, silver and the mining shares headed. When asked about the action in gold, Embry said, “It’s disappointing in the sense that it shouldn’t be happening. I can’t say that I’m totally surprised, you are in the quietest period of the year. These guys (manipulators) are sociopaths. They’ve basically taken the opportunity here to just take gold and silver to the cleaners in the paper market in an extraordinarily quiet period.”
It’s Shocking How Undervalued Junior Miners Are
Hedge fund manager Eric Sprott’s speech at last week’s Silver Summit turned a room full of nervous precious metals owners into pumped-up silver buyers. Highlights are posted below.
- Ten times more silver than gold is produced each year, and the ratio in the earth’s crust is 15:1, so how can the price be 50:1? Expect a return to the historical norm of 15:1, which implies that silver will outperform gold.
- “It’s shocking how undervalued the junior miners are…Gold and silver stocks are growth stocks. They all have a plan to increase production dramatically. Small miners can start a new mine and double in size…The relative value of gold stocks will become apparent with time…The breakout, when it comes, will be very sudden.”
- The demand/supply picture has seen a 380 million ounce per year positive swing — in a 900 million ounce market. Where is the silver coming from?
- The paper silver markets trade a billion ounces a day and the world only produces 900 million in a year. The amount available for settlement of these futures contracts is something like 1.5 million ounces, ludicrously little compared to the amount of paper.
- “On the physical side I’m seeing only buyers.”
- “There are a lot more people who can afford a one-ounce silver coin than an ounce of gold.”
- Gold will be a reserve currency and silver will also play a role.
- “We tried to buy 15 million ounces of silver and had to wait three months — and some of the silver we got was manufactured after we ordered. So there’s not a lot of silver sitting on shelves waiting for people to buy it.”
- “Somewhere along the line some manufacturer will say ‘I can’t get the silver I want’ and the jig’s up.”
- People will prefer gold and silver to having money in a bank where there’s tremendous counterparty risk. Three months ago Dexia was considered to be the best capitalized European bank and now they’ve been nationalized.
- “You go to some of the biggest names who own gold and ask them about silver and a lot of them haven’t even looked at it.”
- Central banks are selling gold surreptitiously.
Eric has accumulated 35 years of experience in the investment industry. After earning his designation as a chartered accountant, Eric entered the investment industry as a research analyst at Merrill Lynch. In 1981, he founded Sprott Securities (now called Cormark Securities Inc.), which today is one of Canada’s largest independently owned securities firms. After establishing Sprott Asset Management Inc. in December 2001 as a separate entity, Eric divested his entire ownership of Sprott Securities to its employees.