Tony Locantro is the founder and Managing Director of Locantro Capital Pty Ltd, Locantro Asset Management Pty Ltd and Gold Australia Pty Ltd.
After developing an interest in the ASX during his employ in the New South Wales and Queensland Police Services he relocated to Western Australia in 1998 and began an exciting career in stockbroking, taking a particular interest in the junior resource sector. While managing a diverse client base, Tony had major roles in several successful IPOs (IGO and MML) and also assisted other companies with IPOs, capital raisings, corporate advice and on-market support.
Tony’s experience includes:
- Fund Manager to Locantro Speculative Investments Pty Limited, a small unlisted speculative share fund.
- Ex-Associate Director at one of Australia’s largest full service stockbroking and financial services firm, Patersons Securities.
- Author of The Green Room, The First Complete Guide to Speculating in the Australian Stock Market.
- Keynote Speaker/presenter/panelist at industry events (Gold Coast Resources Showcase, Resources Rising Stars 2012, Gold Symposium 2012, Trading & Investing Seminars & Expo 2012).
- Regular panellist on Sky Business News channel’s Your Money Your Call and guest panellist on Boardroom Radio.
- Quoted in investment publications and newspapers (The West Australian, The Australian, The Australian Financial Review, Resources Roadhouse, Raremetal Blog, Goldseek, BRW Magazine).
He is known as a passionate and well respected supporter of the junior resource industry.